torsdag 3 juni 2010

PopCo - Scarlett Thomas

PopCo

Just finished reading PopCo by Scarlett Thomas, this book is great!

I found Scarlett Thomas work by a fluke, wanted to start reading different genres then I'm used to, to evolve in my reading. Went in to Pocket Shop and saw "The End of Mr Y" in the top selection, I liked the cover so I bought it. You shouldn't judge a book by its cover but this book was great.

So this is the second book by Scarlett Thomas that I've read and I must say it definitely is in the same league as the previous one.

The book is about Alice Butler,her life and cryptography. Me being a knowledge junkie really loved all the references to just cryptography, the book also takes on the controversy in marketing among other things. You should really read it! Don't want to say to much about it in case I ruin it for someone, but I must say this. Scarlett Thomas have now landed high in my top ten authors list, I think at the moment she probably even tops it. So find your copy and start reading!

Over and out!

/Mi

Inga kommentarer:

Skicka en kommentar